Thursday, March 10, 2011

Well This is a Whole Bunch of Nothing...

It really was a beautiful sight tonight to see the merlot bring a colorful life to the empty wine glass I poured it into. Am I turning into a wino? Perhaps. But at least I've got the cognitive ability to write in you, blog as I sip on this deliciousness that I call word elixer.

The poofs are warming up to me. Slowly yet surely. Noodles is sitting on the desk as I write this very sentence. Good job Noodles. I don't feel quite so alone now with my glass of wine and this laptop. Your purrs make this all worthwhile. Chew Chew is still aloof, but at the same time he was eating up my pets and love whilst making some yummy cheesy rice earlier. I kiss their soft heads, and they seem to accept the love though it is not from their mother/caretaker. I feel like we've had a breakthrough kitties. Let us nurture our relationship into something fruitful and meaningful. By Friday night you guys had better be cuddling with me on the couch with a bottle of wine and Intervention as I bitch to you about my day at work.

I feel like I had more to write, but it's late. I'll let it all be what it is, which is a short entry about cats and wine. They really kind of go hand in hand. Pet a cat, drink some wine, write some words. Such is the life of Samantha Veldhouse. Don't be jealous, myriads of people who read you blog. Things will settle down eventually to where I'm in my uptown apartment, sans cats, but con wine and blog, writing incessently about the nothing that happens to me on a daily basis. Wake up, write emails, answer phone, go home, drink wine, write blog. Something cool had better happen to me soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sam. It is me, Carl. I tend not to be as clever or amusing as you on my blog (or in my comments), but I felt compelled to say hello ... Hello.

    Also, I'm sorry that you seem sad. You don't use that word in your posts, so I hope I don't offend by using it. Life can be ... aimlessly dissatisfying sometimes. But there are times that don't suck. And people like you. Not just me. Other people. People other people care about.

    Anyway, I hope the poofs' affection help tide you until you find the emotional fulfillment you deserve. And keep blogging. I like reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carl! I didn't realize you posted this comment until right now! Ha! Don't worry about me, I'm not really that sad. I just like to make fun of myself and how I don't do much on week nights. I hope you're well! Your blog is surely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete