Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Everything Will Be Ok

God. Sometimes, when looking at my blog I just click on "next blog" with the ridiculous hope that I'll come across something brilliant enough to take up the next half hour of my time. But alas, this is never the case. Instead it's just a giant picture of a dirty faced kid with the first line of writing saying something about how everyone needs to be updated on my offspring. SHOOT ME.

Ok, don't shoot me. That might be the Rex Goliath talking. But seriously. What is with the mommy blog? I must admit I'm a little sad that Santi is out of my life for good because I'm considering that a mock mommy blog in reference to a dog instead of children is a money making idea. I just don't have the resources that were once available to me. I'm ok with this though. You know why?

Because. At work I've been talking to a lot of people in a lot of different situations. Some are struggling with their instructors. Some are struggling with what they want to do with their life. Some are struggling with licensure. Some are struggling with online learning as a whole. And at the end of the day I can take comfort in one thing:

I'm happy with where I am right now.

I don't want to be in school. I am ok with the fact that I don't have a kid or a husband. I'm feeling good about my job and my friends and my social life. I've got down time, I've got plans. I've got interests, I've got boredom. I've got the city, I've got the country. I've really got everything a girl could ask for.

This weekend I plan on going home and really taking some time for myself. The best part about North Dakota is that you can go literally out into the middle of nowhere and have quiet and solitude at your disposal. It's really a beautiful thing. And it's something I never realized I had there until I left. I might just take a bottle of wine out to the Golf Ball or some other secluded place and drink it and think and ponder and appreciate everything I have in my life at this moment. The freedom, the friends, the romance, the experiences. It's rather ironic that a single, childless lady of my age is going to a land of young marriage, babies, and having a husband to take care of you to appreciate my independence and the wondrous opportunity that lies before me.

Ok, the Rex Goliath is taking over, blog. I'm going to to turn in. It's certainly time, isn't it...

No comments:

Post a Comment