Speaking of Thanksgiving, guess who I got to hang out with...
Why did no one tell me that nieces are the shit? Because they are. They totally are. You give me someone else's baby, and I don't care. You give me my niece and it's on!
|It certainly is on, bitches.|
Unfortunately, she's only 10 months old as of yesterday, so there's not a lot to write about when it comes to the funny things she's done or said. Basically she's just at the point that babies get to where they wobble around next to a coffee table and hit it like they're running an unruly courtroom. That and I've had many extensive conversations with her that consist of the words "bah, bah, bah".
|"Bah bah bah" translates to "You're in my personal bubble Aunt Sam".|
And of course, we can't forget that my grandparents are now great-grandparents. Yeah, they were surprised too.
|Where did all these babies come from?|
Other things happened over this Thanksgiving weekend besides my niece, but she's obviously the highlight. Other happenings include:
1. Putting a good 800 miles on Kerin's car for her. I know I should thank you for lending me your car Kerin, and I am grateful. But you're welcome for giving Sheila (I've named her) a taste of the great expanse known as ND for a second time. And this time she went even further west into Cooperstown. Not the one in New York.
2. Finding out that a flight from Minot to Minneapolis is extremely expensive.
3. Finding out that a train ride from Minot to Minneapolis is much cheaper and more romantic.
4. This song. And a special thanks to my sister-in-law Heather for attempting to sing it to me in the back seat of the car by simply going "Sail! ERRRR.":
5. My mom's dream of mixing fancy cocktails coming true with this recipe that she couldn't wait to try out for the holiday weekend.
6. My Saturday night return consisting of way too much sushi and a martini that I drank as a tribute to Heather. Drinking a martini in the city was something that she wanted to do, but could not. Heather does not live in a city. But she is married to this guy: