Monday, September 2, 2013

Azores Days 20 and 21: I'm Falling Behind Because It's All Coming to an End

Blog! I missed blogging yesterday because I'm the absolute worst! Just like this dog:

The worst.
More Dirty Curls songs were played at Praia Rock and I realized that Terceira has no comedy scene whatsoever for the Americans who are stationed here. People came out, Blog. People came out just to hear some Dirty Curls tunes. How fun is that? Pretty fun. This German guy who said I was "aw-way-some" last week was back this time and bought me a drink while I was on stage. Couples came out to spend their Saturday night with some erotic bluegrass. Courtney, there is an untapped market here. Islands need comedy too I guess.

Tonight is my last night on the island. I'm going to miss this place so much it hurts. I feel like I have a life here instead of in Minneapolis, despite my love for the city I call home. I know once I get back, I'll fall back into the rhythm of work and friends and shows and whatever else comes my way. I'm terrified of checking my voicemail though. I haven't talked on a phone in three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment