Sunday, August 25, 2013

Azores Day 14: If Only Technology Were as Fun as Quatro Ribeiras

Just another day on the island, Blog! I've been here for two weeks and I have an entire week left before I fly back to my inland life in Minneapolis. It's odd how I felt more homesick when I was touring North Carolina than since I've been here. Maybe because The South was a place that was supposed to be home (as in USA home) but wasn't? Europe is Europe and it's not like the States really at all so maybe it's just easier to be distracted by the difference instead of try to fit in with it. I don't know. I don't really care either. I'm happy here but miss home like anyone would. So it goes on vacation.

Today Carly and I went to Quatro Ribeiras which is the swimming hole that took my phone the last time I was here but is also easily one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I love it there and took tons of pictures a safe distance from the ocean so as not to ruin my phone again. I also made an annoying amount of Vine videos that I for the life of me cannot figure out how to embed into you Blog. So I'm going to be chintzy about it and link to the embedding page so you can further witness how there are no rules in Europe. Take it for your own and embed it elsewhere if you wish. I give up on technology.

With that, my battery is dying due to my excessive failure at said technology. If Casey McKinney knows anything about anything, it's that making North American power outlets available in this Portuguese home is nothing short of a miracle. Basically I'm too lazy to go to the living room to plug in my computer. So all you get is some pictures of the best swimming hole in the world, Blog. (That statement may be a little biased, but seriously, look at this place)


This is where you can access the cool and salty waters that are home to poisonous jelly fish!

 
This is where you look the ocean straight into its eyes of death as it lunges towards you. Carly is fearless and, as always, appropriately protected from the sun.


This is a dude diving into water that is questionably deep enough for diving from such heights. No rules.

This is the best place ever.
One more thing, Blog. I had dinner tonight with friends and it was the best. Megan and Dale and Carly are wonderful ladies. And I even learned the most effective way to make a handprint in the sand from Megan's daughter Charlie. Did I take a picture of this loveliness? Of course not. I only document rocks and water these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment